“Just another guy with a blog.  No big whoop.”

December 1, 2009

More Thoughts About Why Catholics Should Not Court/Date/Marry Non-Catholics



Here's the audio clip of my interview today on Relevant Radio's "Drew Mariani" show, in which I discuss my earlier comments (seen and heard on this blog) about "My Advice to Catholic Parents: Don't Let Your Kids Date Non-Catholics."

It's good that we were able to unpack this issue more on Drew's show, given that we had upwards of 40 minutes to discuss it and even take a few calls. There is plenty more that could have and should have been said in defense of my advice, but this is a helpful start, I think.

Take a listen
, and let me know what you think.

3 comments:

  1. Dear Patrick

    What would your advice be to a strong Catholic in his final year of collage who is unfortunate enough to live in diocese where there are very few young people (the only parishes where you find young people are the SSPX chapels and I'm PNG there ever since I left for the big bad conciller Church- still sympathise with them though)

    ReplyDelete
  2. To those who think it is fine to marry a non-Catholic, I wonder how you could share your heart and soul and body with someone who believes that the Body of Christ is just a wafer. And if they don't believe it's just a wafer, then they need to finish converting :) Do you see what I mean? It's not just a matter of which service to go to on Sunday mornings; it's that the source and summit of our faith is completely denied by most other Christian groups.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Evelyn, I married a non-Catholic, who now fully accepts the teachings of the Catholic Church and is fully communion with the Church, wouldn't have been likely to happen if she didn't marry me. Also, and as important, my understanding of the Catholic Church grew along with my faith.

    A double wammy of positive graces.

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis